This orange salad is a great springtime dish to add refreshing flavor to your plate. The side dish includes healthy ingredients that work together harmoniously.
• 2 oranges.
• 1 cup fennel (sliced).
• 2 cups arugula.
• 4 large onions.
• ¼ of a red onion (thinly sliced).
• ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley.
• Small glass of red wine.
• Extra-virgin olive oil.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Chopped jalapeno (optional).
1) Place arugula on platter.
2) Peel oranges and slice ¼ inch thick. Cut slices in half and place on top of arugula.
3) Add fennel and sliced onion.
4) Add chopped parsley.
5) Drizzle with red wine and olive oil.
– Sebastien Saitta, Blue Zones Project