If you are looking to reach new audiences for your business or establish yourself as a thought leader, posting content online is a great way to stand out. But if your content has weak prose, it can undermine your goals.
Here are some tips from a recent PR News article on how making the smallest changes can greatly improve your content:
• Keep it simple and use clear language.
• Avoid complex sentences and adding unnecessary words.
• Delete descriptive words that alter the meaning of your verbs.
• Avoid repeating words and phrases.
• Read your writing out loud to yourself to identify problems.