Is your team ready to respond to a crisis? The answer is NO if you answer “no” to more than three checklist items:
• We have established a crisis team and formal notification plan to key audiences.
• We have identified potential crisis situations and developed strategies for responding to each.
• We have appropriate social media plans for crisis communications, as necessary.
• At any hour, our crisis team knows how to contact each other.
• Our organization has a formal communications policy to provide media with information.
• Our spokesperson has received professional media training and is an integral part of our management team.
– Tara Frier, Crisis Interception