Drafting an effective email use policy may be more complicated than a company might think. Here are some of the chief priorities:
• Create defined parameters on use of electronic systems for business and personal communications.
• Define when employees are permitted to remotely access company email systems.
• Forbid use of derogatory language, harassment and other nonprofessional communications in email and text messages.
• Prohibit use of company’s systems for personal endeavors.
• Do not allow private passwords for work-related accounts.
• Describe that an employee has no privacy rights and that the company can monitor all company electronic systems.
Find more tips here.