According to RevGen CEO John Rosar, hiring service industry alums can be great for business. Rosar’s top reasons include:
• Waiting tables is difficult. Enduring long hours on your feet is the mark of a hard worker.
• A server’s ability to read many different types of people and communicate with them effectively is beneficial in nearly every field of work.
• Service industry workers must manage many different tasks at once, and ensure quality service for each guest by staying organized.
• Servers hustle. They’re required to keep up in a fast-paced environment and connect with customers in the midst of chaos.
– Katelin W. Davis, The North Carolina 100